httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa mod_authn_dbm.c
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 22:22:10 GMT
* Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Wednesday, January 1, 2003 7:21 PM +0100 André Malo
> <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
>
>> - do some magic, i.e. if AuthType digest then use "$user" and
>> "$user:$realm" as lookup key (in which order?)
>>
>> - make it configurable (additional argument to AuthDBMGroupFile?)
>>
>> - consider a provider mechanism for authorization modules, too?
>>
>> My favourites are the second or third option :)
>> better ideas?
>
> I would probably implement choice one for now.  ($user:$realm first,
> then $user.)

ok. then I'm doing so.

> Note that I always planned on adding a provider mechanism for
> authorization modules, but somehow got sidetracked on that.  But,
> yeah, that should definitely happen, too.  =)

I'm not quite sure where this should happen. Core management or a new
module mod_authz?

> (Choice 2 doesn't make
> a whole lot of sense to me.)

hmm, the user should know best, what his groupfile contains. But this may
be a wrong assumption ;-)

Another point:

mod_authn_default.c, mod_authz_dbm.c, mod_authz_default.c,
mod_authz_groupfile.c and mod_authz_user.c all point to
ap_note_basic_auth_failure. I think, now it's time to let them call
ap_note_auth_failure directly - right?

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker