httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: setting of AC_AUX_DIR in
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:38:18 GMT
Greg Ames <> writes:

> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > --On Monday, January 06, 2003 16:58:24 -0500 Greg Ames
> > <> wrote:
> >
> >> But what's the advantage of copying all these files rather than just
> >> leaving AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR pointing to APR's build dir?
> > You don't need srclib/{apr,apr-util} present to build httpd.
> ...assuming you run ./buildconf with srclib/apr/build present.  It
> still has a dependency.
> OK, the light bulb is coming on, thanks.  Since you usually don't need
> to run ./buildconf on our release tarballs, non-CVS users gain some
> independence.
> I'll commit your patch with the change I mentioned in a bit.

Has anybody verified that it actually works to not have srclib/apr?
It doesn't work for me.

Since buildconf is broken without srclib/apr, I first did buildconf
then renamed srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util.  Configure completed, but
the generation of exports.c fails since the makefiles assume that apr
and apr-util header files can be found under srclib.

Here is what I would recommend:

a) Set AC_AUX_DIR like it was historically (assume there is srclib/apr).
b) Release 2.0.44
c) Re-integrate into APACHE_2_0_BRANCH Fred's changes to separate from
   APR, though with the portability fixes this time.

Jeff Trawick |
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message