httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: setting of AC_AUX_DIR in configure.in
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:51:16 GMT
Greg Ames <gregames@apache.org> writes:

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > Has anybody verified that it actually works to not have srclib/apr?
> > It doesn't work for me.
> > Since buildconf is broken without srclib/apr, I first did buildconf
> > then renamed srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util.  Configure completed, but
> > the generation of exports.c fails since the makefiles assume that apr
> > and apr-util header files can be found under srclib.
> > Here is what I would recommend:
> > a) Set AC_AUX_DIR like it was historically (assume there is
> > srclib/apr).
> > b) Release 2.0.44
> > c) Re-integrate into APACHE_2_0_BRANCH Fred's changes to separate
> > from    APR, though with the portability fixes this time.
>
> Sounds like a plan.
>
> I'll be happy to change configure.in back, but what do I commit it
> against? 2.0-stable?  If so, what's the process (since it doesn't make
> any sense to put it into 2.1 first)?  Post patch & ask for votes
> before committing, then make sure Sander knows about it?

put it in stable if somebody else gives it +1 (I assume that you and I
are +1 for it :) )...  I don't think posting the patch is necessary
since we're talking about one line that was mentioned in the first
message in this thread

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...