httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: setsides necessary for input filters?
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 19:37:55 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> Am I allowed to assume that the incoming request buckets
> are always heap-allocated, with immutable data blocks?

To clarify the issue I'm asking about, here's what the source
for ap_get_brigade says:

/*
 * Read data from the next filter in the filter stack.  Data should be
 * modified in the bucket brigade that is passed in.  The core allocates
 * the bucket brigade, modules that wish to replace large chunks of data or to
 * save data off to the side should probably create their own temporary
 * brigade especially for that use.
 */

If input filters, or the content handler, are really allowed to modify the
*actual* input data, then the setaside implementation for heap-allocated
buckets needs to be changed.  It is currently a noop, but it probably
should make a copy if such modifications are permitted.

--
Joe Schaefer