httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES configure.in
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:43:30 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org> writes:

> --On Wednesday, January 8, 2003 7:54 AM -0500 Jeff Trawick
> <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > As I posted yesterday, generation of exports.c is busted without
> > srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util.
> >
> > If you can get it to work with just the buildconf change, I'd love
> > to see it.
>
> Well, it doesn't work if you don't call your APR install apr.  If it's
> called apr-0.9.2, it works.  If it's called, say, httpd-2.0.44-dev, it
> won't work.

> I'd rather release something where even an edge case works because
> this is just such a major problem that we haven't been allowing for
> any type of separate installs.  If it takes another 3 months for a 2.0
> release, then I think the buildconf fix should go in knowing the
> caveat that the install must have 'apr' somewhere in the string.  At
> the very least, we can give our users something to work with.  In the
> next 2.0 release, we can target getting it better.  -- justin

I'm sorry for being dense, but please clarify:

What patch do you suggest to apply to STRIKER_2_0_44_PRE2, and will
the following then work?

  (first install apr and apr-util into /tmp/aprinst)
  ./buildconf
  ./configure --with-apr=/tmp/aprinst --with-apr-util=/tmp/aprinst --other-opts
  make
  make install

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net