httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: EOS bucket in RESOURCE filters
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:39:48 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > --On Saturday, January 11, 2003 8:07 PM +1100 Stas Bekman
> > <stas@stason.org> wrote:
> >
> >> ap_finalize_request_protocol covers all the other cases, by
> >> checking r->sent_eos. My question is why not always add the eos in
> >> ap_finalize_request_protocol()?
> > ap_finalize_request_protocol() is a last resort to ensure that even
> > with a faulty handler an EOS is sent down the chain.  But, if an EOS
> > is already sent, it is illegal to send another.  -- justin
>
> Thanks Justin,
>
> Does that mean that mod_status, mod_info and other standard generator
> handlers should be changed to send eos to be proper?

I think it is inaccurate to say that it is a "faulty handler" which
doesn't send down an EOS bucket.  Some handler using the simplest API
(ap_rwrite() et al) doesn't know about EOS buckets and isn't expected
to do something explicit to send one.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...