httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: setsides necessary for input filters?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:25:39 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:

[...]

> If input filters, or the content handler, are really allowed to modify
> the *actual* input data, then the setaside implementation for
> heap-allocated buckets needs to be changed.  It is currently a noop,
> but it probably should make a copy if such modifications are permitted.

To answer my own question :-), this line in apr_buckets.h describes the
"read" method for buckets:

  apr_status_t (*read)(apr_bucket *b, const char **str, apr_size_t *len,
                                      ^^^^^

I interpret the const qualifier here to mean that modifications (to
the raw data) are disallowed by the bucket API, and that the setaside
implementation for heap-type buckets is fine as-is.  Is this correct?

--
Joe Schaefer