httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject HTTP Input header filter
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 18:49:59 GMT
Just a heads up in case anyone else is interested or is comtemplating working on
this...

I am rewriting much of the code called by ap_read_request to handle HTTP
headers. Much of the function in rgetline_core, read_request_headers and
get_mime_headers_core is being reimplemented in ap_http_headers_input_filter.
My goals for the rewrite are to eliminate at least 1000 instructions from the
mainline code path, improve readability and maintainability of the code and to
make doing async/non-blocking network reads a bit easier to implement.  I hope
to have something for review by the end of the week.

Bill