httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@lisanza.net>
Subject Re: merging httpd-pop3 into httpd-2.0?
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:43:41 GMT
HI,

1) Not commenting on specifics, but as a protocol module example
is it usefull. I used it also to make an IMAP protocol example and
(since there was no decent LICENCE for it) POP protocol. In order
to make this module more usefull, I believe it would be better to
add first a good message store API in such a way that different
types of mailboxes and databases can be used. The protocol
module should do only do the protocol part plus an example
message store.

2)Also the module/protocol is not a complete. For instance, it does
not implement AUTH command. Also by adding a module like this,
the complete group should also think of making Apache
somehow a bit more 'different protocol friendly'. I understand
this is already a topic of the past (2 years ago), but
now it becomes valid request to ask, IMHO.

3)Why for instance, could this not stay as a seperate module??
If suddenly new modules are added that do are not for the
main purpose, I also know various other modules that should
be included.

Harrie
Author of MOD-SNMP, enabling SNMP management of Apache HTTP server