httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES configure.in
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 23:50:26 GMT
--On Tuesday, January 07, 2003 22:02:19 +0000 gregames@apache.org wrote:

> gregames    2003/01/07 14:02:19
>
>   Modified:    .        Tag: APACHE_2_0_BRANCH CHANGES configure.in
>   Log:
>   switch back to using srclib/apr/build for AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR so DSOs can
> be   built with libtool < 1.4.
>
>   This is expected to be temporary until the complete platform independent
>   APR-less build system can be integrated into the stable branch.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that we should implement a stop-gap solution
like this.

The proper fix is to copy the files (ltconfig and ltmain.sh) as I initially
mentioned in buildconf.  I don't see why we have to revert a change when we
know what the right fix is and know that it fixes it.  -- justin