httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@lisanza.net>
Subject Re: merging httpd-pop3 into httpd-2.0?
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:38:12 GMT

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 10:09 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 02:43 PM 1/25/2003, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:
>> HI,
>>
>> 3)Why for instance, could this not stay as a seperate module??
>> If suddenly new modules are added that do are not for the
>> main purpose, I also know various other modules that should
>> be included.
>
> By 'module' do you mean seperate CVS module (I'm guessing so.)

yes, seperate CVS module/package.

> The license is fixed - on the other matter that this is a very cool
> example but underpowered (as Harrie points out) I really believe
> that its current home is just fine.
>
> No rush to move it to experimental.  I'd really like to see us start
> dropping new work right into their eventual homes within the
> modules tree.  They can stay on 2.1-dev (odd) versions till at
> least the authors are happy with what they do.

After sending my message away, I thought of this. Was the
way forward not to make a modular way in which you
had a based (server core) and plugin modules??
Merging this would be an opposite approach.

Harrie
Author of MOD-SNMP, enabling SNMP management of Apache HTTP server