httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: merging httpd-pop3 into httpd-2.0?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 04:46:28 GMT

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 02:41  PM, Erik Abele wrote:
> Perhaps there is not much interest because it is somewhat 'hidden'?
> IMHO mod_pop3 would gain more visibility and therefore perhaps a
> better community when folded into httpd. Imagine windoze users: they
> mostly rely on binary distributions and up to now there are just the
> sources around. If mod_pop3 gets used more widely, there probably will
> be also more developers who will be attracted to contribute.

If this module become actively maintained for the purpose
of making a pop3 server, I am pretty sure that would not
fit within the scope of the charter (I don't have an
internet connection handy to check the actual charter though...)

> Leaving it in it's own repo-module as it is now, without any person in
> charge of it, will let it die on the long run.

It's already been stated on this and other lists that
the code as-is has been useful.

-aaron