httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Altogether Broken OtherChild logic
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:47:18 GMT

>>I am guessing that the windows MPM is whacking the piped logger because
>>ocr->proc->hproc is somehow hosed.
>>

>No, that is working fine.  It is whacking it because I modified the code in _check()
>to do exactly the same thing on Win32 as it does on Unix.

Humm... perhaps you got the cart before the horse...  if i recall
correctly, I think I created the _check function specificly to handle
reliable piped logs on Windows.  Someone (perhaps me I don't recall)
dropped some code into the Unix branch to do the same thing. My point...
I think the unix side was broken and you made a mistake by assuming the
unix side was correct and modeling the windoes code after it.

Bill