httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [emerg] (28)No space left on device: Couldn't create accept lock
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2003 01:01:21 GMT
manaay  wrote:
> I am also getting this error. Do you know how to solve the problem?

You don't tell which OS you are on. On linux 'ipcs' lists the semaphores
and shared mem segments. which you can delete with 'ipcrm', e.g.

% ipcs
------ Semaphore Arrays --------
key        semid      owner      perms      nsems
0x00000000 4325376    stas      600        1

% ipcrm -s 4325376

I don't know of a command to remove all semaphores at once, other than
doing some scripting. This works for me:

% ipcs | perl -ne '/^0x00000000 (\d+) / && `ipcrm -s $1`'

Since I start and kill the server many times (probably when running from
gdb) I get many dead semaphores pretty quickly :(