httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: workaround for encoded slashes (%2f)
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:44:27 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>  I consider it more than a little gratuitous that you presume
> lazy consensus on a patch that I'd vetoed in theory.  I then agreed

oh, and by the way?  i said i'd presume lazy consensus in a couple of days,
not right now.  so i'm allowing plenty of time for discussion, and not
jsut blasting it in there.

and yes, i'm going in a straight line because this is a *real* problem
*right now*, not a theoretical one that *might* happen later.  it
should have been fixed years ago -- there are prs about it going 'way
back -- but 'we've always done it that way' doesn't hold water as a
reason for delaying a 'good enough' fix 'til perfection is achieved.