httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: workaround for encoded slashes (%2f)
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:09:15 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I should be able to blow some holes in the patch, but I can't do that
> right now while spending so many hours vetting our coming 2.0.44
> release, and I consider it more than a little gratuitous that you presume
> lazy consensus on a patch that I'd vetoed in theory.

completely different approach, completely different patch, therefore
no standing pat.  and, by the way, no 'vetoes in theory,' either.
you examine this on its own merits; don't try to grandfather it.
if you can prove a problem with it, it'll get reverted; but i'm not
going to sit on a working solution that *i* can't find any problems
with just because *you* don't have time to test it.  there are other
people here.

greg, will you try/test this patch?