httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EOS bucket in RESOURCE filters
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:34:56 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Is it possible that the RESOURCE filters don't get the EOS bucket?

anything is possible in software ;-) but that would be pretty broken IMO.  I
don't recall seeing cases recently where we don't send EOS down the complete
output filter chain.

> I'm
> working on filter examples which use context to maintain status/keep
> remainder data between filter invocations for the same request. For some
> reason I don't get the EOS bucket, so I don't know how to flush the data
> stored in the filter context. I do see EOS in CONNECTION filters. I've
> tried to look at the existing modules for an example, but I didn't find
> any RESOURCE filters that use the context.

mod_includes's filter has tons of variables in its ctx and uses them frequently.
  I sometimes wonder if this contributes to the number of bugs we've seen in it.
  It certainly should be a RESOURCE filter.

The OLD_WRITE filter also stashes stuff in its ctx IIRC, and should be a
RESOURCE filter.

Greg