httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setting of AC_AUX_DIR in configure.in
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:00:45 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Monday, January 06, 2003 16:58:24 -0500 Greg Ames
> <gregames@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> But what's the advantage of copying all these files rather than just
>> leaving AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR pointing to APR's build dir?
>

> You don't need srclib/{apr,apr-util} present to build httpd.

...assuming you run ./buildconf with srclib/apr/build present.  It still has a
dependency.

OK, the light bulb is coming on, thanks.  Since you usually don't need to run
./buildconf on our release tarballs, non-CVS users gain some independence.

I'll commit your patch with the change I mentioned in a bit.

Greg