httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Need your advice about proper design of input and output filters
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:09:59 GMT
--On Sunday, January 19, 2003 2:33 PM +0100 Yuriy Pasichnyk
<> wrote:

> I think that the problem is quite generic so instead of
> hacking/modifying mod_dav I was thinking of writing separate apache
> module/filter that can be reused by other people as well.

Yeah, WebDAV has a slight architectural problem in that there is
resource metadata in the body.  It'd be much nicer if it could
constrain itself to only the header rather than the body.  That would
make it far easier for proxies to deal with WebDAV.  Alas...

Regardless, you might want to take a look at an extension to the
httpd module for Subversion (mod_dav_svn) that does the rewriting for
DAV requests on-the-fly using filters.

In particular, look at the filters in mod_dav_svn.  It'll tell you
how one particular person thought it should work.  It'd be nice to
make that more general, but there's always other things to do.  --

View raw message