httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: authz / authn and mod_auth_ldap
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:02:17 GMT
--On Friday, January 17, 2003 9:59 AM +0200 Graham Leggett
<minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> If I were to change mod_auth_ldap to use the new authz/authn system
> in v2.1, I have to split mod_auth_ldap into mod_authn_ldap (the
> is-password-correct part) and mod_authz_ldap (group-membership
> part). Am I correct?

No, you don't *have* to split them into different modules.  One
module could register for both authn/authz providers.  The only
reason we split was because their wasn't a lot of shared code between
the other auth modules.  I think mod_auth_ldap has a lot of shared
code in its authn/authz split.  Perhaps a mod_auth_ldap core module
that exports the basic LDAP functionality, then a mod_authn_ldap and
mod_authz_ldap module that does the direct auth code?  I dunno.  --
justin