httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa mod_authn_dbm.c
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 04:00:40 GMT
--On Wednesday, January 1, 2003 7:21 PM +0100 André Malo
<nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> hmm, although "$user:$realm" semantically _is_ the key, that causes
> the  problem, that mod_authz_dbm won't support it (it currently
> doesn't support  digest authentication anyway). What would be the
> best variant?
>
> - do some magic, i.e. if AuthType digest then use "$user" and
> "$user:$realm" as lookup key (in which order?)
>
> - make it configurable (additional argument to AuthDBMGroupFile?)
>
> - consider a provider mechanism for authorization modules, too?
>
> My favourites are the second or third option :)
> better ideas?

I would probably implement choice one for now.  ($user:$realm first,
then $user.)

Note that I always planned on adding a provider mechanism for
authorization modules, but somehow got sidetracked on that.  But,
yeah, that should definitely happen, too.  =)  (Choice 2 doesn't make
a whole lot of sense to me.)  -- justin