httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Eibner <tho...@stderr.net>
Subject Re: merging httpd-pop3 into httpd-2.0?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 04:36:26 GMT
On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 08:31:14AM +0100, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:

> On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 12:18 AM, Erik Abele wrote:
> >Well, than let's move it in. A quick overview of the last mails shows
> >the following votes:
> >
> >justin +0 modules/pop3
> >jim +1 modules/experimental
> >bills -0 !modules/pop3
> >willrowe -0 modules/experimental / +0 modules/pop / +1 for it's
> >current repository
> >
> >plus some positive votes from Daniel Lopez, Thomas Eibner, Harrie
> >Hazwinkel and Chris Taylor.
>
> Sorry, but I am positive about this module, but negative (-1) to fold
> it in the main distribution. Reasons see other email of me.

It doesn't matter in the big picture, but I believe I had negative
opinion about folding it into httpd-2.0 ;)

Unless someone actually makes a distribution of httpd where pop3 is
built-in I don't see it "taking" off anyway. Once it is folded into
httpd I'm not sure I see much more work happening on it again. The
few times I had a question or a patch the pop3 list has worked fine.
If it's exposure for the module why not whip up a webpage and someone
make a binary with only auth and pop3 (If noone of the developers are
interested in this I'm sure Gunther Knauf would build one). As far as
other exposure I know Rich Bowen showed off what the pop3 module could
do at one of his talks last year.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer> <http://photos.eibner.dk/>