httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: merging httpd-pop3 into httpd-2.0?
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:52:43 GMT
Erik Abele wrote:

> Perhaps there is not much interest because it is somewhat 'hidden'? IMHO mod_pop3 would
gain more visibility and therefore perhaps a better community when folded into httpd. Imagine
windoze users: they mostly rely on binary distributions and up to now there are just the sources
around. If mod_pop3 gets used more widely, there probably will be also more developers who
will be attracted to contribute.

> Leaving it in it's own repo-module as it is now, without any person in charge of it,
will let it die on the long run.

> Personally I'm +/-0 towards folding it into httpd, since I won't have the time to contribute...just
my 2c.

Once again, I'm +1 in getting it moved in. It's an example of an
protocol module. It's a good module. It's a worthwhile module. It
would benefit from more people working on it, and people are
interested in doing so.