httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: workaround for encoded slashes (%2f)
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:35:57 GMT
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:57:06PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> Ken, could you please bring the interpretation differences that
> you and OtherBill have to the list, so that we can reach a consensus
> on that?

I'd say make it OtherBill's job. Ken has a solution, albeit hacky, to a
problem. OtherBill doesn't like it, so let him describe an alternative
solution which can be done.

[ OtherBill doesn't have to totally solve it, but at least explain enough of
  an alternative such that somebody can implement the thing; I don't see a
  way to do it "Right" without breaking half the planet ]

I don't like the hack either, but it does solve a problem. And we cannot and
should not use vetoes to knock down product design issues. Technical
problems, certainly, but not "I don't like that feature, so I'm gonna veto
the thing."

Product features and changes *are* subject to majority vote, however, which
is why Ken is operating under a (lazy) consensus model.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/