httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/dav/lock config6.m4
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:17:48 GMT
--On Monday, January 06, 2003 14:10:55 -0800 Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
wrote:

> The other thing that could happen is to enable locking services *only*
> when the DAVGenericLockDB directive is present. However, that will change
> mod_dav a bit, as it assumes that locking *is* available if the hooks are
> available. The hooks would need to be expanded with an "enabled?" query
> function.

Yeah, this was the approach I was thinking of, too.  I'm not clear if we
can do this in a backwards-compatible way, but it does seem to make sense
to me.  If the change only stays on the 2.1 branch, I have no problem
keeping it like this.  I'd also like to tweak the insert_prop hook to take
a pool parameter.

> btw, note that mod_dav_lock is still maintaining the notion of a "key
> type" (inode vs fname). That isn't required any more. Another question:
> does it record a file name or a location name?

Yeah, I meant to rip that key type out.  But, I just wanted to get
something that worked for now and get it out there.  It currently records
the full-path location.  As far as I could tell, there wasn't a good way to
get the repository-specific path in the lock code.  But, I could be missing
something that would help out.  -- justin