httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: [Review] MPM docs revision
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:20:50 GMT
Oops, forgot about the third parameter on SecureListen.  The third parameter indicates wheither
mutual authenication should be used.  If mutual authentication is wanted, the third parameter
should be set to "MUTUAL", but in reality any value as the third parameter will enable mutual
authentication.

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> nd@perlig.de Tuesday, December 17, 2002 10:06:14 AM >>>
* Brad Nicholes wrote:

>>- mpm_netware:
>>  * MaxThreads - there was a limit of 250 documented. hmm, I couldn't
> find
>>   *any* reference to a value of 250, so I took the obvious from
>>    mpm_netware: MaxThreads 2048 (as maximum and default)
>
> The default for MaxThreads in the configuration file is 250.  If
> omitted it will default to the HARD_THREAD_LIMIT of 2048.  Which one of
> the defaults is appropriate for the documentation?

the value, if the directive is omitted.
(but we could consider to change the default in mpm_netware.c, if 2048 is
too high in almost all cases (i.e. as a *default* value) and 250 is
recommended.)

> The NetWare SecureListen directive, at the very least, should be added
> to the Novell NetWare Platform Specific Notes (platform/netware.html).
> There is a section on that page for Additional NetWare specific
> directives.

ah, hmm. CGIMapExtension is currently listed there, but documented in core.

I see some ways to handle it:

- put arch-specific directives into core.xml (CGIMapExtension,
SecureListen, ScriptInterpreterSource, BS2000Account).

- introduce docs for the architecture modules (mod_win32, mod_netware,
mod_nw_ssl). BS2000Account would be kept in mpm_common that way (or core?).

- put all arch specific the stuff to the mpm docs

I think, I'd prefer the second.

The directive is implemented through the built in module
> MOD_NW_SSL which is also NetWare specific.  I'm not sure if there should
> be an additional module documentation page for this module or not.  This
> is the module that implements SSL functionality for the NetWare platform
> and replaces the need to use MOD_SSL on NetWare.  The SecureListen
> directive takes an "<IPAddress:port> | <port>" and the name of a
> certificate.

there's a third, optional parameter. What does it do?

> If you want to add this directive to the NetWare doc, I can fill in the
> details later.

ok, when we've puzzled out the above.

nd
--