httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: what language is .tw?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:22:00 GMT
* Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> According to André Malo:
>> from the current httpd-std.conf.in:
>>
>> AddLanguage tw .tw
>> AddLanguage zh-tw .tw
>>
>> what is here intended?

> Uhm, well, about 5-6 month ago we had a discussion
> about the index.html.tw.big5 and .tw files.
> The result was that we removed the big5 variant
> and changed .tw to .zh.

I'm confused...aaah. just grabbed and old version (2.0.35) and looked,
what's there. Another look into the .var file:

Am I right, that the directives above should assign tw *and* zh-tw to the
.tw extension? If I'm interpreting mod_mime correctly, that won't work (and
didn't work ever). If that is actually the intention, this could probably
be done with:

AddLanguage "tw, zh-tw" .zh

(hope, I'm not totally wrong here...)
(if correct, are there any implications to MultiViews?)

Hmm. the .zh file is currently not listed within index.html.var and will be
delivered with the wrong charset (iso-8859-1), too. What was the reason to
remove the .big5 extension?

nd
--
"Eine Eieruhr", erklärt ihr Hermann, "besteht aus einem Ei. Du nimmst
das Ei und kochst es. Wenn es hart ist, sind fünf Minuten um. Dann weißt