httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_autoindex.c
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:00:22 GMT
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> The request headers_in are only modified for the duration of
> looking up the potential subrequests.
>
> So I'm confused why (for that brief time) it has been messing
> up mod_deflate's filter?

mod_autoindex.c (2.1) line 1000 removes the accept-encoding.
Then it does the sub_req_uri_lookup, if ok, it runs either ap_run_sub_req
or do_emit_plain. If I understand it correctly, both put already data onto
to filter stack.
And *after* the first data (i.e. the header file) is emitted, mod_autoindex
re-adds the accept-encoding. That seems to be too late for mod_deflate.

the conclusion is:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE httpd/unix-directory
doesn't work in the case, HeaderName is used (in my tests).

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker
]