httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject compromise on RTC vs. CTR for stable???
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:44:20 GMT
Since the relatively few people who voted left us at an impasse on
this, it seems appropriate to try to find a compromise.  (I've been
told before that something other than normal RTC-with-3-+1 vs. CTR
isn't the Apache way or something to that effect, but I don't see that
such concerns should stand in the way of each side giving up some
ground.)

How about using this for the stable tree?

To merge something from dev to stable (or fix it in stable if the fix
is specific to stable):

  either

     three committers (including submitter) state their approval

  or

     four days elapses with no objections

An entry in the STATUS file for that period of time will be necessary
to satisfy the second criteria.  Such an entry will often be helpful
for satisfying the first criteria as well.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...