httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Should mod_proxy abort when browser aborts?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:58:56 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org> writes:

> --On Thursday, December 5, 2002 11:35 AM +0200 "Tikka, Sami"
> <Sami.Tikka@F-Secure.com> wrote:
>
> > Should the check for conn->aborted flag be added into proxy_http.c?
>
> No, I'd prefer not.  The core_output_filter should be returning the
> error code.  The fact that it is returning APR_SUCCESS when there was
> an error is a bug.
>
> We've discussed this before, but I forget what the conclusion
> was. Jeff or OtherBill, do you remember what we agreed to do?  ISTR
> there was a reason why we just couldn't return the error code from
> core_output_filter - we had to do something else first then we could
> fix this bug.  -- justin

this is some of the work:

. return the appropriate APR status code from core_output

. make sure other filters we provide return APR codes and not HTTP
  codes

. make sure handlers we provide return HTTP codes and not retcode from
  ap_pass_brigade(); default_handler() would be the first code to
  change

start committing to dev and it will eventually work better :)

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...