httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: CGI hosed in v2.0.43
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:23:07 GMT
Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> writes:

> We have a CGI script that uses cvs to update a source code tree, then
> uses ant to build the tree. This script worked 100% under Apache
> v1.3.27, but it no longer works in v2.0.43 (or the Redhat v8.0
> supplied v2.0.40)
>
> The script gets as far as running cvs, which does part of what it
> needs to do, and then hangs solid. No errors of any kind are logged in
> the error log. The request eventually times out completely.
>
> So... my question is: What has changed with regards to CGI between
> v1.3 and v2.0? Are there extra settings that need to be set? Is the
> RAM restricted in some way, is there any reason why cvs should work
> from the command line but not from the CGI script?

Lots of code was rewritten.  I don't know of any extra settings.

Note that there are some CGI-related issues fixed after 2.0.43, so you
might want to try the current pre-2.0.44 tag.  If you stick with
2.0.43, use mod_cgi instead of mod_cgid since mod_cgi is better than
mod_cgid at that level.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...