httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: SSL segfault on HEAD
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:51:00 GMT
Cliff Woolley <jwoolley@virginia.edu> writes:

> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Scott Lamb wrote:
>
> > HEAD (as of sometime yesterday) is segfaulting on me. Stack trace below.
> > This happens on all SSL requests; others seem fine. This on Linux with
> > RedHat's openssl-0.9.6b-28.
> >
> > I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the ssl changes on the
> > 14th. They touched ssl_engine_io.c, though there's no immediate culprit
> > to my (uneducated) eye.
> >
> > The particular revs I've got:
> >
> >      ssl_engine_io.c      1.102
> >      apr_buckets_simple.c 1.41
> >      apr_buckets_alloc.c  1.8
>
> Sigh.  Wonder if this is related to what FirstBill saw earlier today with
> the proxy?  Seeing as nothing has changed in the buckets code any time
> recently... OHHHHHHHH WAIT, yes it has.  Brian apparently committed a
> change to allocate the apr_bucket_brigade itself out of the brigade
> allocator.  I'm not yet convinced whether that's valid or not, but
> regardless, that change (either a bug in it or a flaw elsewhere that it
> triggered) is almost certain to be what's triggered these segfaults.

I'm seeing a couple of different segfaults in regression tests on AIX
running stable head and APR HEAD and apr-util HEAD for at least the
last few days:

  gcc build, simple proxy test segfaults
  xlc build, incomplete POST requests, maybe others (too many cores to
    keep track of)

Sometime today I'll try to back up to a prior level of apr-util and
see if the problem still occurs.  Just looking at CHANGES in stable,
probably nothing has changed in Apache since the point at which it was
working fine.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...