httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: CGI hosed in v2.0.43
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 04:59:18 GMT
On 23 May 2002, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> I am by no means an expert here, but wouldn't that have something to do
> with threading issues in the new apache brigade code ?

Just so you know, brigades are intentionally thread-unsafe.  You can only
use a brigade or a bucket in *one* thread at a time, ever.  The problem
being described here is actually a filters problem, not a buckets problem,
though it might be that buckets have to be redesigned to fix the filters
problem.  That's for down the road, though.  All we've done is
brainstorm at this point.  :)

--Cliff