httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: SSL segfault on HEAD
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:32:15 GMT
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Scott Lamb wrote:

> HEAD (as of sometime yesterday) is segfaulting on me. Stack trace below.
> This happens on all SSL requests; others seem fine. This on Linux with
> RedHat's openssl-0.9.6b-28.
>
> I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the ssl changes on the
> 14th. They touched ssl_engine_io.c, though there's no immediate culprit
> to my (uneducated) eye.
>
> The particular revs I've got:
>
>      ssl_engine_io.c      1.102
>      apr_buckets_simple.c 1.41
>      apr_buckets_alloc.c  1.8

Sigh.  Wonder if this is related to what FirstBill saw earlier today with
the proxy?  Seeing as nothing has changed in the buckets code any time
recently... OHHHHHHHH WAIT, yes it has.  Brian apparently committed a
change to allocate the apr_bucket_brigade itself out of the brigade
allocator.  I'm not yet convinced whether that's valid or not, but
regardless, that change (either a bug in it or a flaw elsewhere that it
triggered) is almost certain to be what's triggered these segfaults.

apr_brigade.c r1.55 is the one I'm referring to.

[ Now my question is why on earth I didn't see the commit message for
  that... I seem to have had a number of mails from that day vanish on
  me. :( Argh. ]

I'm reviewing Brian's patch now.

--Cliff