httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Chad N. Tindel" <ctin...@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu>
Subject Re: References to Documentation?
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:22:48 GMT
> > In particular, I'm trying to figure out at what spot in the does the
> > entry in the access_log get written.  I would expect it to be perhaps at
> > the end of core_output_filter or something like that.  And the log.c
> > file only has functions to log errors, but not accesses.
>
> Take a look at mod_log_config... it's done from a hook.  :)

Thanks for your help.  I was wondering if I could pick your brain for just
a little bit more info... I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible,
so feel free to just tell me so.  :)

I'd like to write a module that provides alternative logging options, in
addition to the current logging options.  I think a good way to do it
would be to write a handler that gets invoked every time a page gets
loaded.  However, I can't figure out from reading the docs how one would
do so.  I mean, I don't want to do an AddHandler because you have to give
it a file type, and I want this done for every access.  But a SetHandler
wouldn't work, because I don't want mine to be the ONLY handler.  I just
want mine to run in addition to everything else the user has configured.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Chad