httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server .cvsignore Makefile.in
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:54:01 GMT

On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 10:06  PM, Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:

>   Is this because expat is in a directory containing "apr" in the path?
>
>   What does "apu-config --includes" output for you?  Yeah, mine is:
>
>  -I/usr/local/apache/include/apr-0 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
> -I/usr/local/include
>
> because I build expat separately and put it in /usr/local.
>
>   I'm a little worried about this patch because since you switched it
> to only scan away preceding spaces, this only works so long at apr's
> include dir is first, but it looks like that's always the case unless
> we change apu-config, so OK.

I was going to go into apu-config.in and comment the requirement
that apr's include dir always end up first, and although I probably
don't understand what you guys are trying to fix, it doesn't look
to me like it'll always be apr's include dir first:

     --includes)
     if test "$location" = "installed"; then
         flags="$flags -I$includedir $INCLUDES"
     elif test "$location" = "source"; then
         flags="$flags -I$APU_SOURCE_DIR/include $INCLUDES"
     else
         flags="$flags -I$thisdir/include -I$APU_SOURCE_DIR/include
$INCLUDES"
     fi
     ;;

(Also, while we're on the topic: what is the else case for?)

-aaron