httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject ltconfig, libtool, 2.0.39 vs. 2.0.43
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:06:03 GMT
hi all,

i've been wrestling with linking & running 2.0.43 on AIX 5.1 for a
couple of days. we have 2.0.39 running fine. i've pulled down both the
unix source code .tar.Z & the windows source code distribution.  i see
something i'm not sure about in  httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr/build/ltconfig:

VERSION=1.3.4-freebsd-ports

this is odd to me, since my _generated_
httpd-2.0.39/srclib/apr/build/libtool for 2.0.39 has a version 1.4.2.
also, i don't see a httpd-2.0.39/srclib/apr/build/ltconfig in the source
tree we have. i'll try to re-pull the .39 sources to verify it's not my
mistake.

this affects how shared libraries are built, and httpd is dumping core
when attempting to load the .so modules when they're built using the
generated libtool/shlibtool system. these .sos load fine if i build/
link them 'by hand'.

i searched the mail archives but didn't see anything specific about this
issue.

cheers,
andy