httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bug 12395
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 22:15:09 GMT
--On Saturday, December 28, 2002 10:58 PM +0100 André Malo
<nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> hmm. what's the general strategy? leaving non-critical bugs in
> (older  versions ;-) or decide for every case, what should be done?

I think it should be decided on a case-by-case basis.  For 2.0, we
have the STATUS entries that track the waiting-to-be-merged patches.
You can commit the changes without prior review into HEAD (2.1), but
need approval/consensus to merge them back into older branches.

I also think the amount of backporting depends on how much time the
people involved in fixing an issue have and whether they want to
devote time to backporting everything they do.  -- justin