httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Request for comments: moving the request pool cleanup
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:02:22 GMT
--On Thursday, December 19, 2002 9:45 AM -0800 Brian Pane
<> wrote:

> No, we definitely need to do that cleanup in core_output_filter,
> because that's the only code that's guaranteed to still be runnable
> by the time we detect the aborted connection.  The handler may have
> finished running long before the connection is aborted, and in an
> async MPM the thread that ran all the other request hooks is likely
> to have moved on to a new request.

If you abort the connection and core_output_filter doesn't get
called, the request/connection pool seems that it would be leaked.
That's badness.

Yes, if we're sitting in core_output_filter and just trying to shove
data out (we've seen EOS and have all data ready), your solution
works.  Yet, I'm concerned about requests that are aborted before EOS
and never make it to core_output_filter.  Their pool needs to be
cleaned up somehow.  How do you plan on addressing this?

Forcing all of the output filters to run when we have an aborted
request is not good.  Your solution seems to require that.  We should
try to move away from doing this.  -- justin

View raw message