httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Request for comments: moving the request pool cleanup
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:37:27 GMT
--On Thursday, December 19, 2002 9:28 AM -0800 Brian Pane
<> wrote:

> If the connection is aborted after the metadata bucket is
> pushed into the output filter chain, it would be the core
> output filter's job to consume and destroy all remaining
> buckets until it had processed the request-cleanup metadata
> bucket.

Ick, ick, ick.  We're trying to move towards core_output_filter *not*
to have to process everything if the connection is aborted or an
error is detected.  Right now, we do do that, but that is wrong for a
whole host of reasons we're slowly figuring out (see semi-recent
thread between Jeff and myself and some others about this).

If an error is detected (or the client aborts), we may not
necessarily make it to core_output_filter.  -- justin

View raw message