httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Daly <d...@daoine.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:25:07 GMT
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:31:44AM -0500, Paul J.  Reder wrote:

> wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>
> >wrowe       2002/12/11 23:05:54
> >
> >  Modified:    server   request.c
> >  Log:
> >    Make the code simpler to follow, and perhaps clear up the
> >    follow-symlink
> >    bug reports we have seen on bugzilla.  e.g. 14206 etc.
>
> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the problem reported in 14206 still
> occurs with this new code.

[snip]

> Now bring up your browser and request:
>
> http://your.machine.name:port/index.html
>
> You'll get a 403:forbidden error.
>
> http://your.machine.name:port/
>
> You'll get the page foo.html.
>
> I can spend more time tracking this if you want, but it won't be
> till this afternoon.

Can I point out the mail archived at

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=103938644204488&w=2

sent on December 8th, which has some discussion of this issue.

It might give some pointers as to where to start looking.

The patch there probably won't apply cleanly any more, of course.

All the best,

Francis Daly        deva@daoine.org