httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn <gs-apache-...@gluelogic.com>
Subject Re: Suppressing Authentication Dialog box
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:17:06 GMT

This is not the appropriate list for such a question.  Please see:
  http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users

What you are asking makes Basic Authentication effectively useless
since you're going to post the username and password in a public link.
In any case, http://username:password@www.website.dom/ will do what
I think you are asking.

-Glenn