httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Weigelt <weig...@metux.de>
Subject Re: Re[2]: mpm perchild and mod_php4
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:17:00 GMT
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:22:00AM +0100, Daniel Lorch wrote:

> > Will perchild work on the next release or are there any other
> > workarounds to secure php-scripts (module) such as suEXEC and cgis?
>
> Yes, there is mod_cgiwrap/mod_phpcgiwrap which will transparently wrap scripts
> into the user's UID. Due to lack of time, the original author (Steven Haryanto)
> gave up supporting this module and put it offline. However, I've got permission
> to put up a mirror, so if you're interested, please contact me privately.

i'm currently working on another mpm, which runs all vhosts under
their uids. it's originally based on the perchild code and heavily
rewritten, but not stable yet.

i've installed an maillist for the further development.
to join the list, write 'subscribe muxmpm' to majordomo@metux.de.

~-n
--
Bestes Mittel gegen Mailviren: Outlook löschen.
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux ITS

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481	     smsgate:   sms.weigelt@metux.de
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/