httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main alloc.c http_log.c
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 20:42:05 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> > Would it be better to simplify as:
> >
> > ap_register_cleanup_ex(p, (void *) (long) fd, fd_cleanup, fd_cleanup,
> > domagic ? fd_magic_cleanup : NULL);
>
> I considered that, (in addition to having the else call the non-ex)
> and can't recall why I decided against it (I think it was some feedback)
> but it's certainly my preference.

Ah.  I recall now. It was suggested maybe that domagic not be a simple
flag at one point, so I structured the code for a standard
if-else if-else framework (the idea that we could provide more
control over what magic cleanup to "register). The non-boolean
stuff didn't pan out but the code didn't change and I simply forgot.