httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccartha...@heanet.ie>
Subject Linux + TCP_CORK + IPv6 = Broken
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:43:53 GMT

Linux (2.4.18 and 2.4.19, for me anyway) with apache versions
2.0.40 to 2.0.43 (that I've tested anyways) is broken with
TCP_CORK and IPv6. Bizarrely v6 requests will work the first
few times and then start failing, typically you just wont get
a response from the server. Though strace shows that it did
try to send one.

Anyway, disabling TCP_CORK fixes it and it works fine again,
useful info for anyone running IPv6, because believe me, it
took me all morning to figure out what the hell was going on.

Might be worth adding a --disable-tcp-cork option to ./configure
for convienence :-)

--
Colm MacCárthaigh