httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Naaman Musawwir" <naama...@inbox.lv>
Subject Re: Cert Based Autnentication problem (POST)
Date Wed, 25 Dec 2002 08:29:50 GMT
Sorry, the error occurred is as follows:
Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /myapp/strongauth/DisplayInfo.jsp.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Naaman Musawwir
  To: dev@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2002 1:10 PM
  Subject: Cert Based Autnentication problem (POST)

  Hi,

  I have configured certificate based authentication for a URL and the related
  directive is as follows:

  <Location /myapp/strongauth/>
      SSLRequireSSL
      SSLVerifyClient require
      SSLVerifyDepth 1
      SSLOptions +StrictRequire +OptRenegotiate +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData
      SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl/cacert.pem
  </Location>

  Authentication works fine, but after that POST submits do not work. I get
  the error as follows:

  Here are some details:

  1. It is the "SSLVerifyClient require" directive that causes the problem. I
  tried the access under HTTPS without client side cert auth and also by
  changing the directive to "SSLVerifyClient none." The POST works fine under
  those conditions. However, once client side cert auth is required, it fails
  to work.

  2. I tried opening up access for the POST method through use of other
  directives like <Limit>, <LimitExcept> and the SSLRequire option with
  REQUEST_METHOD. I did not get any better results.

  Please help through this problem. Has anyone configured this successfully?

  Thanks,
  Naaman Musawwir.