httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 2.1 Fallout; httpd v.s. httpd-2.0
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:31:12 GMT
Unfortunately, I didn't see Bill's orig, so I must followup to
this:

As you see, we are not saying anything different here, at least
only in degrees. I think the only concern that anyone is stating
is one that the 2.0 tree will remain in the state that it is
and that only the 2.1 tree will see development. Certainly
that's a valid concern for anyone to have, developer or user.

Also, I don't think anyone is "upset" about the branching at
all, certainly I think consensus was reached. It makes sense
for the exact reason everyone is talking about: stability vs.
innovation.

As far as "venting" about 1.3... I'm not sure who (if anyone)
that's directed to.  But it gets close into degrading a simple
discussion (that affects HTTPd developers/users/community) into
someplace I don't think we want to go.