httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Language negotiation...
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:20:04 GMT
* Brad Nicholes wrote:

> If I explicitly request the page /index.html and that page does not exist,
> shouldn't Apache respond with one of the language versions of the page?
> Currently on NetWare anyway, I can request / and get back whatever language
> version of index.html  my browser supports.  But if I specifically request
> index.html I get back "page not found".  How is this suppose to work?

er, what is DirectoryIndex and what files are there in the directory?
do you mean the "hello" startup page? it's actually index.html.var with
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var

Options +MultiViews should work, but not very efficient in that case...

nd
--
sub the($){+shift} sub answer (){ord q
        [* It is always 42! *]       }