httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: ap_log_printf
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:50:13 GMT
LETERRIER Hervé <herve.leterrier@cgey.com> writes:

> Dou you know, which are the apaches functions, same as netscapes functions system_fopenWA,
system_fwrite_atomic and system_fclose ? (opening writing and closing the log file for simultaneously
request, without conflicts).

I don't know anything about those netscape functions, but they sound
like generic file I/O.

Have a look at apr_file_open() and friends in apr_file_io.h.  The
APR_APPEND flag causes I/O to do the right thing for log files
(serialize among multiple threads and/or processes), but note that
there is a critical fix for that support on Win32 after Apache
2.0.43.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...