httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: multiple protocols - Patch for listen.c
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:07:09 GMT
Martin Kutschker <Martin.T.Kutschker@blackbox.net> writes:

> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:58:04 -0600
> To: dev@httpd.apache.org
> From: Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
> Subject: Patch for listen.c
>
> > b) TCP and SCTP are both congestion controlled protocols so
> > there should be no threat to the stability of the Big I due
> > to the use of SCTP and http (unlike using http with UDP).
>
> I think that if Apache is to listen on several IPs on different ports and now supporting
different (low-level) protocols, it is reasonable to provide mechanisms to permit certain
ports and protocols on specific IPs. So something along

> > listen,tcp: 80
> > listen,sctp: 80
>
> should be IMHO be there. Since the syntax is currently
>
> Listen <port>
> Listen <IPv4>:<port>
> Listen [<IPv6>]:<port>

I could go for adding '/'<protocol> to the end of the current
syntax.  In other words, one listen statement continues to map to one
listen_rec and one listening socket.

Listen 80/sctp
Listen [fe80::1]:80/sctp

--